Arrival in Geneva
Enjoy your stay at the harbour in Geneva with its famous water fontain ‚Jet d’ Eau’ and in the picturesque old part of town of the ‚smallest metropolis in the world’ – with its cosmopolitan flair and brimming with art and vitality. One overnight in Geneva.
Geneva – Seyssel
You leave Geneva and follow the river Rhône through the Défilé de l´Écluse, a narrow river passage through the mountains. Only after just a few kilometres, you cycle along the first vineyards and your gaze fixes on the mountains of the Savoyer Alps and Mont Blanc. Today’s destination is Seyssel, where two suspension bridges connect the pretty houses and squares on the left and right hand-side of the river Rhône.
Seyssel – Champagneux
On either side of the river Rhône vineyards rise up steeply. You however cycle on flat terrain along the riverbank and enjoy the view. We suggest you have your first break in Chanaz with its charming houses dating back to the 15th and 16th century and its restaurants located directly at the edge of the canal. Afterwards the river Rhône breaks up and you follow the Western branch until Champagneux. One overnight in Champagneux.
Today you cycle on remote country lanes up to the viewing plateau of Rochefort. Past the Château de Mandrin the route leads you through orchards to marvellous panoramic views. Back at the hotel, you can enjoy the sun terrace, the indoor pool or the renowned restaurant with its French delicacies. Further night in Champagneux.
The Rhône cycle path takes you directly along the riverbank through the harmonious border scenery between Ain and Isère. In Perrozan you leave the river and cycle through little hamlets with medieval flair until today’s destination the romantic perched village of Pérouges, located below. Due to its amazing historic village centre, Pérouges is considered one of the most beautiful villages in France. One overnight in Pérouges or Meximieux.
Today's circular tour goes through the Dombes pond landscape, to Notre Dame Abbey and Villars de Dombes. Another overnight stay in Pérouges/Meximieux.
You cycle on remote paths through lush meadows and fields back to the river Rhône. Now you follow the riverbank along the well-constructed cycle path all the way into the centre of Lyon. Since 1998 the old part of town is part of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Marvel at the numerous architectural highlights and enjoy your final evening in one of the countless exquisite restaurants. One overnight in Lyon.
Departure or extension
After the breakfast individual departure or extension of the trip. Furthermore we recommend the connecting tour from Lyon to Orange.
On day 1 and day 3 there are a few longer ascents to be tackled. On all other stages the terrain is nearly flat throughout and easy to cycle on. Except for a few interruptions, the Rhône-cycle path is well constructed and it is a perfect example for signposting and routing.
| Season 1 |
09.04.2022 - 07.05.2022
03.10.2022 - 10.10.2022
| Season 2 |
08.05.2022 - 17.06.2022
13.09.2022 - 02.10.2022
| Season 3 |
18.06.2022 - 12.09.2022
|Rhône Cycle Path 1, 7 days, FR-RORGL-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||359.-||359.-||359.-|
Category: 2*- and 4*-hotels (french classification)
| Season 1 |
Apr 9, 2022 - May 7, 2022
Oct 3, 2022 - Oct 10, 2022
| Season 2 |
May 8, 2022 - Jun 17, 2022
Sep 13, 2022 - Oct 2, 2022
| Season 3 |
Jun 18, 2022 - Sep 12, 2022
|Extra night single room (BB)||188.-||188.-||188.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||129.-||129.-||129.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||128.-||128.-||128.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||79.-||79.-||79.-|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Personal welcome tour briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards, route description, sight-seeing, telephone numbers (German, English, French)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- GPS-data available on request
- Rental bike insurance
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Return transfer by minibus to Geneva every Saturday, costs CHF 109.- per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Not included (payable on site)
- Arrival and departure, costs for parking, city tax, transfers, optional sightseeings, city maps, Travel Insurance and costs of individual private requirements.
- Geneva train station
- Geneva airport
- Good train connection to Geneva. Chargeable parking outside the centre, approx. CHF111,- for 6 days, hotel garage approx. CHF 15,- per day, payable on site, no reservation possible. Return transfer by minibus to Geneva every Saturday, cost per person € 100,-, for the return transport of your own bike we charge € 19,- extra. Limited space available. Reservation required, payable on site. Good train connection from Lyon to Geneva.
Other important information
- Travel documents available in German, English and French. GPS tracks available.
- The facts in this document are sale prices of our catalogue 2022.
- The prices must not be undercut. The changes of prices and services are possible, as well as mistakes and errors. Stand in July 2021.
- Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy.
- This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- No minimum number of participants is required for this tour.
- In the event of insolvency of the tour operator or, in some Member States, of the travel agent, payments will be reimbursed. Details on our insolvency protection can be found in our terms and conditions.
- Rückenwind Reisen GmbH does not currently participate in alternative dispute resolution procedures. Details can be found in our terms and conditions.
- The traveler may transfer the package to another person. Details can be found in terms and conditions.
- The tour operator is responsible for the provision of all travel services agreed in the package travel contract. The traveler must immediately notify the tour operator of any breach of contract it undertakes during the provision of the travel services agreed in the package contract. Taking into account respective circumstances. The tour operator must provide reasonable assistance to the traveler in difficulty.
- Underage persons cannot travel without legal guardian or authorized escort.
- Before departure, the traveler can withdraw from the contract at any time. Details of withdrawal procedures and fees withdrawal prior to departure can be found in our terms and conditions. Travel cancelation insurance including travel interruption insurance is recommended.