Arrival in Bordeaux
Arrival in Bordeaux and check-in in your hotel, you can get started with your bikes. You can either visit Bordeaux by bike or by foot.
You leave Bordeaux on a cycle path. Between Dordogne and Gironde, by the city of Bastide de Créon, la Sauve Majeure (former Benedictine abbey).
If you continue to St Martin:
You cross the beautiful medieval village of Sauveterre de Guyenne, a beautiful historical town with 4 gates and its fortified town founded in 1281. It’s also the county of the canton of Entre Deux Mers (AOC). The path is entirely on a cycle lane and on the green line named “Roger Lapébie” after the famous cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1937.
From Frontenac to Sauveterre de Guyenne, on the ”Voie Verte” (the bastid worths a tour), then to La Réole where a wonderful view over Garonne awaits you. On small roads until you reach the cycle path of the Garonne canal that you will lead you to Le Mas d’Agenais.
At the Mas d’Agenais, don’t miss the visit of the beautiful roman church that contains a real treasure: an authentic Rembrandt. Continue along the green canal where youwill have plenty of opportunities to stop. You pass by the town of Damezan, founded in 1259. The rest of the day continues just like the canal: calm and gentle until the village of Sérignac.
You continue along the Garonne Canal, you pass by the superb bridge of Pont Canal d’Agen with a stop in the historical city centre of Agen. The day continues along the canal until Moissac, centre of roman art, on the Santiago de Compostella Way. The abbaye and the cloister are part of the UNESCO world’s heritage. Moissac’s landscape is dominated with orchards and vineyards of the famous Chasselas. This is the place where the Tarna the Garonne meet.
Moissac – Toulouse
The Garonne and its canal will lead us into the heart of Toulouse (« la ville Rose », the pink city) at the end of 56 locks of the Garonne canal.
Departure or extension
Easy to average. Stages from 40 to 65 km per day according to the program.
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 15.10.2023
|Bordeaux - Toulouse, 7 days, cat. A, FR-AQRBT-07A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||525.-|
|Bordeaux - Toulouse, 7 days, cat. B, FR-AQRBT-07B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||389.-|
Category A: 3* and 4* hotels
Category B: 2* and 3* hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
|Bordeaux A Komfort|
|Extra night double room (BB)||139.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||248.-|
|Toulouse A Komfort|
|Extra night double room (BB)||115.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||204.-|
|Bordeaux B Standard|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||194.-|
|Toulouse B Standard|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||184.-|
- Accommodation in your selected category
- 1x dinner (Fourques sur Garonne/ St. Martin de Lerm)
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person with maximum 15 kg)
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax
- Tourist tax if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Bordeaux or Toulouse train station or airport
- Public parking garage in Bordeaux, costs approx. CHF 15.- / day, no reservation necessary, to be paid on spot
- Public parking garage in Toulouse, costs approx. CHF 15.- / day, no reservation necessary, to be paid on spot
- Good train connections between Bordeaux and Toulouse
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.