Arrival in Antwerp
Independent arrival in Antwerp.
Antwerp – Mechelen
Cycle through the heart of Antwerp, then along the Schelde and Rupel rivers through the old brickmaker area to the “Glockenspiel (chimer) town” of Mechelen with its historic old town.
First along the Rupel then back to the Schelde – covering some distance on a small ferry. A detour to the town of Dendermonde for a coffee break at the market place is worthwhile. Then cycle or take a train to Ghent, the city of old cloth makers and students.
Round trip through the Leie landscape, along the winding Leie river through a landscape whose idyll has been inspiring artists to produce creative works for over a hundred years. Back to Ghent through upscale residential areas with park-like facilities and past houseboats.
Ghent – Bruges
Through the wide Flemish plains and along canals into the unmatched “museum city” of Bruges, which is located on the Reie, traversed by canals and has a largely preserved medieval cityscape. Two nights in a hotel that is just a few minutes from the market place.
Following a quiet, poplar-lined canal, you will first come to “Thyl Ulenspiegel’s city” of Damme. The route leads via Sluis in the Netherlands to the “The Zwin” bird sanctuary in the seaside resort of Knokke by the North Sea. You will then return to Bruges along the canal.
Departure or extension
This route mostly leads you along idyllic waterways, on low-traffic, asphalted and even paths - ideal for cyclists of all ages. You can even easily hop on to a train at any time – with your bike!
| Season 1 |
01.05.2022 - 11.09.2022
|Flanders, 7 days individual, BE-FLRAB-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||425.-|
Category: 4* hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Tourist tax
- Service hotline
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Train station Antwerp
- Chargeable underground parking near the start hotel
- Good railway links from Antwerp to Bruges
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.