Hiking holiday Swiss Tour Monte Rosa
Hiking: Swiss Tour Monte Rosa
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival to Saas-Fee
Saas-Fee – Grächen
Challenging high-level trail between Saas-Fee and Grächen, extremely exposed in places as it leads through the steep walls of the Balfrin group. Dizzying views deep into the Saastal, enthralling views of the Fletschhorn, Lagginhorn and Weissmies.
Grächen – Europahütte
First section of the Europaweg trail. Starting with a steep climb to the ridge, then with superb views along the steep flanks of the Mischabel on the spectacular high-level trail to the Europahütte (hut). Sensational panorama dominated by the Weisshorn.
Europahütte – Zermatt
Second section of the Europaweg trail. Challenging, in places hewn from solid rock, running through tunnels, galleries and over bridges. Spectacular panoramic tour with views of the Valais 4000-m peaks, fabulous finale at the Leisee lake above Zermatt.
Departure or extension
The first stage to Grächen is a real challenge. Exposed sections are secured with ropes and a head for heights and sure-footedness are absolutely essential right from the start. The following stages along the Europe Trail have been made somewhat easier in recent years. However, good physical condition is also required for the hiking days to Zermatt.
The Swiss Tour Monte Rosa at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Swiss Tour Monte Rosa, 5 days, CH-WSWSZ-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||185.-||185.-|
Category: middle class hotels, dormitory at the Europahütte
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||125.-||125.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||165.-||165.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||240.-||240.-|
- 4 overnight stays incl. Breakfast
- Half board at the Europahütte
- Daily luggage transfers (except Europahütte)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Saas-Fee.
- Departure by public transport from Zermatt.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.