Arrival to Stoos
Stoos – Brunnen
The tour from Klingenstock to Fronalpstock is one of the most panoramic hikes in Switzerland. Unique views of Lake Lucerne and the nearby rock pyramids of the Mythen peak await you today. After the hike, you descend through the Stooswald forest to Brunnen on the shores of Lake Lucerne.
Brunnen – Rigi Burggeist
Before you strap on the hiking boots you have to proof your skill and craftsmanship. You visit the museum of Victorinox where you can assemble your own Swiss pocket knife. Afterwards you are well equipped to start your hiking tour. Take the cable railway up to the Urmiberg and accompanied by wonderful views of the lake of Lucerne, you make your way to your first mountain Inn on the Rigi.
Today you can expect more great views. On a panorama path you walk down to Hiterenboden and then back up to the peak of the Rigi. From here you have great views of all of central Switzerland. In every direction you can see a different lake. In Rigi Kaltbad, you can try your luck in the most beautiful minigolf course of the Alps.
You hike along the rack railway down to Rigi Kaltbach and to the Müseralp. A panorama path leads you past the Räbalp to the Seebodenalp. You have a great view of the lake basin of Küssnacht and the Pilatus. By cablecar down to Küssnacht am Rigi and by train to Merlischachen.
Merlischachen – Lucerne
You walk through the small city of Küssnacht am Rigi and then hike up to the Ferrenmoos. On the way you pass a little pond where you can make a fire in the fireplace. Once you are back at the Lake of Lucerne you take the bus to the city of Lucerne.
Departure or extension
The tours are made for families but a certain fitness and hiking ability are still required. The hikes lead on well established paths through alpine terrain. Minimum age: 8 years.
| Season 1 |
14.05.2022 - 20.05.2022
24.09.2022 - 16.10.2022
daily except sunday
| Season 2 |
21.05.2022 - 23.09.2022
daily except sunday
|Family hiking at the lake of Lucerne, 7 days TO, CH-ZSFSL-07X|
|Base price|| |
Category: 5 x mountain inn or middle class hotel, 1 x sleeping in the straw. In one mountain inn and the accommodation in the straw you will find the bathrooms in the hallways.
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Building a Swiss pocket knife in the Victorinox museum (1 x per family)
- Cable car rides according to the program
- Carfully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS data available
- Rides with public transport. Approximately CHF 16.- per person.
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- An overnight stay in straw is planned in Brunnen. If desired, the overnight stay can also be booked in a hotel for an extra charge. (Adults CHF 45.- p.p., children CHF 20.- p.p.)
- Arrival by train and bus to Schwyz. Then by funicular to Stoos.
- Stoos is car-free. Parking at the valley station of the funicular in Schwyz. CHF 52.-/week, payable on site, no reservation necessary.
- Return journey by train and bus in 1 hour from Lucerne to Schwyz.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.