Arrival to Brig and luggage drop-off. By train and bus to Binn. The attractive pass hike over the Saflischpass affords the first views of the Valais 4'000-metre-mountain world. The village of Rosswald offers views down into the Rhone Valley from its scenic terrace.
Rosswald – Simplonpass
By bus and cable car back to Rosswald. A varied stage, with panoramic scenery throughout: Alpine climb to Bortelhütte, blueberry picking above Rothwald in autumn. The trail leads along the pass road gallery from Schallbett to the Simplonpass.
Panoramic tour to Bistinepass: glaciated mountains above the Simplon, the Bernese Alps to the north. From little Fulmoos lake along the water channel to Gebidumpass. View of Mischabel mountains with Switzerland’s highest peak, the 4'545 m Dom.
A classic high-level hike with wonderful views in upper Valais. With little height difference along mountain slopes through forests and Alpine pastures. Sun-browned old storage huts, barns and stables. Views of the grandiose 4'000-metre mountain chain.
Demanding high-level trail between Saas-Fee and Grächen, extremely exposed in parts. Steel cables providing secure holds on precarious sections. Dizzying views deep into the Saastal and enthralling views to the Fletschhorn, Lagginhorn and Weissmies. By cable car from the Hannigalp towards Grächen. After arrival in Grächen, luggage retrieval and departure.
A smooth start in the beginning in the valley of Goms. As soon as you reach Simplonpass the trails get more rugged. Especially the walk from Saas-Fee to Grächen is difficult. You must not suffer from vertigo if you walk this part. Good physical condition is required to walk the long legs. A walk for experienced hikers.
The Alpine passes trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Alpine Passes Trail Binntal, Simplonpass & Mattertal, 5 days, CH-WSWBG-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||145.-||145.-|
Category: standard hotels and mountain inns, no en-suite rooms are available on Simplonpass
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||135.-||135.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||120.-||120.-|
- 4 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Rides on the bus and cable cars are not included in the price (Brig – Binn, Hannigalp – Grächen), approx. CHF 20.- with half-fare card
- Arrival by public transport to Brig. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Grächen. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.