Arrival to Davos
Upon arrival in Davos transfer up to the Alp Clavadel at the foot of the Jakobshorn.
Davos – Sertigtal
At the beginning of your first hike you can visit a public dairy. After that you walk steeply uphillto the Jakobshorn, the local mountain of Davos. From here you have the first great view of this hike of the surrounding mountains. The tour continues over the Jatzhorn and Tällifurgga into the Sertigtal. In the evening you can taste local specialties amidst the Grisons mountains.
The Sertigtal is considered one of the most beautiful mountain valleys of Grisons. On idyllic country roads the tour starts comfortably along a small stream before you follow a steep trail up to Sertigpass. You pass several small mountain lakes before you reach the sparse Val Tschüvel. You spend the night in a SAC-cottage at the foot of Piz Kesch at over 2'600 meters.
Kesch cottage – Bergün
On the way down into the valley you will pass several alpine cottages. The trail leads on a scenic path across a valley flank. Watch out: more than 5'000 capricorns are living in Grisons – maybe you can spot one of these shy animals. Back in civilization, you can admire the historic townscape of Bergün with beautiful houses in the style of the region Engadine.
In the morning you will be brought up to the Albula-Pass. From there you hike through the Val Bever towards the Jenatsch cottage. The cottage is picturesquely situated at the foot of the highest peaks of the Grisons mountains. The hut keepers Fridli and Claudia welcome you and upon your wish even heat up the sauna. You will remember the sparkling starry sky above the Jennatsch cottage forever.
Again you will have to master a steep uphill until you reach Fuorcla Suvretta. The peaks Piz Picuogl, Piz Julier and Piz Albana escort you along the way to St. Moritz, one of the most famous mountain resorts worldwide. Spend the night on the Suvretta-hight with panoramic views on the lakes of St. Moritz and Silvaplana.
Departure or extension
Moderate hikes with an average duration of apprx. 5 – 6 hours per day. The tours leads mostly through alpine and rocky terrain. Surefootedness and good level of fitness is required.
| Season 1 |
10.09.2022 - 25.09.2022
| Season 2 |
02.07.2022 - 09.09.2022
|The alpine cottages in Grisons, 7 days TO, CH-GRWDS-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||185.-||185.-|
Category: 3 x mountain cottage (Davos: 1 x double or single room, Kesch cottage: 1 x shared room, Jenatsch-cottage: 1 x dormitory), 3 x charming 3* hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 10, 2022 - Sep 25, 2022
| Season 2 |
Jul 2, 2022 - Sep 9, 2022
|Extra night double room Hotel Davos (BB)||79.-||79.-|
|Extra night double room (halfboard)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room Hotel Davos (BB)||119.-||119.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||110.-||110.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||79.-||79.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||119.-||119.-|
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Half-board in the mountain cottages (3 x)
- Luggage transfer (except on day 3/4 and 5/6)
- Transfer Davos Dorf – Alp Clavadel
- Transfer Bergün – Albula-Pass
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- In the mountain cottages you sleep in a dormitory.
- Jenatsch-Hut has a few double rooms (available on request, CHF 30.- per person).
- You need a hut sleeping bag for the nights in the cottages.
- Packed lunch is available in the cottages.
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Journey to Davos, transfer up to Alp Clavadel (included)
- Parking spaces at the Jakobshorn mountain railway, cost CHF 50, advance booking required, payable on site.
- From the Mountain Hotel in St. Moritz by taxi to the railway station andfrom there with the Rhaetian Railway via Filisur back to Davos. Duration: approx. 1.5 hours
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.