Upon arrival in Davos transfer up to the Alp Clavadel at the foot of the Jakobshorn.
Hotel (example): Naturfreundehaus Davos Alp Clavadel
Davos - Sertigtal
At the beginning of your first hike you can visit a public dairy. After that you walk steeply uphill up to the Jakobshorn, the local mountain of Davos. From here you have the first great view of this hike of the surrounding mountains . The tour continues over the Jatzhorn and Tällifurgga into the Sertigtal. In the evening you can taste local specialties amidst the Grisons mountains.
Hotel (example): Walserhuus
The Sertigtal is considered one of the most beautiful mountain valleys of Grisons. On idyllic country roads the tour starts comfortably along a small stream before you follow a steep trail up Sertigpass. You pass several small mountain lakes before you reach the sparse Val Tschüvel. You spend the night in a SAC-cottage at the foot of Piz Kesch at over 2'600 meters.
Hotel (example): KESCH Hütte SAC
KESCH cottage - Bergün
On the way down into the valley, you will pass several alpine cottages. The trail leads on a scenic path across a valley flank. Watch out: more than 5'000 ibexes are living in Grisons - maybe you can spot one of these shy animals. Back in civilization, you can admire the historic townscape of Bergün with beautiful houses in the style of the region Engadine.
Hotel (example): Hotel Garni Bellaval
In the morning you will be brought up to the Albula-Pass. From there you hike through the Val Bever towards the Jenatsch cottage. The cottage is picturesquely situated at the foot of the highest peaks of the Grisons mountains. The hut keepers Fridli and Claudia welcome you and upon wish even heat up the sauna. You will remember the sparkling starry sky above the Jennatsch cottage for a long time.
Hotel (example): Jenatsch Hütte SAC
Again you will have to master a steep uphill until you reach Fuorcla Suvretta. The peaks Piz Picuogl, Piz Julier and Piz Albana escort you along the way to St. Moritz, one of the most famous mountain resorts worldwide. Spend the night on the Suvretta-hight with panoramic views of the lakes of St. Moritz and Silvaplana.
Hotel (example): Berghotel Randolins
Moderate hikes with an average duration of apprx. 5 - 6 hours per day. The tours leads mostly through alpine and rocky terrain. Surefootedness and good level of fitness is required.
- 6 nights incl. breakfast according to program
- Half-board in the mountain cottages (3x)
- Luggage transfer (except on day 3/4 and 5/6)
- Transfer Davos Dorf - Alp Clavadel
- Transfer Bergün - Albula-Pass
- Well prepared route guidance
- Elaborated travel documents
- Overnight accommodation inmodern mountaon cottages with shower / toilet on the floor In the Jenatsch cottage a limited number of double rooms is available, these can be requested for an additional charge. (CHF 20.- p.p.)
- A sleeping bag is required for overnight stays in mountaincottages.
- Packed Lunches can be ordered in the cottages
- Journey to Davos, transfer up to Alp Clavadel (included)
- Free parking places at the Jakobshorn cablecar. No reservation possible.
- From the Mountain Hotel in St. Moritz by taxi to the railway station andfrom there with the Rhaetian Railway via Filisur back to Davos. Duration: approx. 1.5 hours, approx: about CHF 50.-.