Arrival in Interlaken, luggage drop-off and bus ride to Saxeten. A narrow path leads out of the village and ascends relatively mildly through the Dachswald.
At the top you can take a detour to Bällehöchst. Jungfrau, Lake Brienz, Schrattenflue: You see it all from this amazing viewpoint. Subsequently a rocky descend to the Schärihubel takes you past the Sulsseewli to the hut Lobhornhütte.
You continue up the Sousegg Mountain followed by a steep descend into the Soustal. A lonely trail follows the creek into the valley. Then, you climb a steep ascent up to the Bietenlücke.
Daring mountaineers are welcome to conquer the summit of the Bietenhorn. The Schilthornhütte is situated directly beneath the saddle and offers a magnificent view of the close by four-thousanders.
The journey begins with a greeting by the Schilthorn gondola from top down; the Seewlifurra is the first passage you will pass on this day. The descent to the Rotstockhütte will leave you weak in the knees.
A break restores you for the second stage of today’s journey. After the steep winding roads take you up to the Sefinenfurgge, screes and moraines lead you over to the Gspaltenhornhütte. After the last small ascent treat yourself to a refreshing beverage.
Today is so mild, it might nearly be classified a rest day. It begins with the descent to the Gamchigletscher Glacier. The Glacier is covered in debris and thus walkable. After the Oberloch, indulge in a short detour to the mountain inn Bundläger, before you tackle the long and spectacular ascent to the Hohtürli. Once you’ve reached the top, it is but a few meters up to the Blüemlisalphütte.
The descent from the Hohtürli leads over stairs, that were laid over moraines and screes. Steep but not extraordinarily challenging. At the Oberbärgli take the turn to follow an alpine path, that offers a beautiful view of the Oeschinen Lake. Now the trek descends to the bottom of the valley. In Kandersteg some of the fairest chalets of Switzerland await you.
Departure or extension
Intense alpine mountain hike (T3 on the SAC Mountain and Alpine hiking scale). Some sections are secured with ropes and stairs. The trek mostly follows hiking routes, which are tagged with white-red-white signalisation. This trek requires high stamina, surefootedness, absence of vertigo and experience with alpine hikes.
| Season 1 |
01.07.2023 - 24.09.2023
|Eurotrek Alpine: The alpine cottages in Berner Oberland, 6 days, CH-BDAIK-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||65.-|
Category: Dormitories in the SAC huts, 4* hotel in Kandersteg
| Season 1 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||144.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-|
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Half-board in the alpine huts (4x)
- Luggage transfer Interlaken – Kandersteg
- Costs for luggage pick up at the station
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route descriptions
- Travel documents with suitable Swisstopo maps (1x per room)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport in Interlaken. Suitcases must be handed in by 10:00 a.m.
- Overnight stays at the Alpine huts require suitable sleeping bags.
- We recommend that you take a look at the SAC Mountain and Alpine hiking scale for a better evaluation of the level of difficulty.
- Please note that there will be no luggage transport to each individual Alpine hut. Your baggage will be transported directly from the arrival location to the departure location.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.