On bike paths and side roads you cycle along the river Po. You should take your time for the rococo palace of Stupinigi which was designed by the architect Filippo Juvarra. This palace was the residence for the family of Savoyen for many years. Through parks and along rivers you continue to Penerolo, which is famous for its well-known cavalry school.
Hotel (example): Albergo Regina
Today you will pass the beautiful palaces of Manta and Costigliole. You should visit Benevagienna – a city with Roman roots – and its archaeological excavations. Afterwards you continue to Cherasco and Bra, which is the capital of gourmets. The organisation “Slow Food” was founded here.
Hotel (example): Albergo Cantine Ascheri
In Pollenzo – also a city with Roman roots – the University of “tastefulness” is located. After Barolo you have to manage some hills, but you will be “compensated” with Italians best wine afterwards. You have to taste! Along the river Tanaro you continue to Alba (very famous for truffles).
Hotel (example): Hotel Calissano
Today you cycle in the region of Roero. On your way you will see the palaces of Guarene and Cisterna – the museum can be visited. Your overnight stay is in Asti which is a very cultural city. It is famous for its sparkling wine and the rivalry of Palio.
Hotel (example): Hotel Aleramo
Your tour leads you on secondary paths and along small rivers back to Turin where you first started your tour. On your way, you will see romantic villages. In Chieri, tasty vines tempt you to have another glass of wine before travelling back to Turin by train.
Hotel (example): BW Plus Executive Hotel
You cycle on bike paths and side roads. The first two stages are predominantly flat. Afterwards the tour course has a rather hilly routing. On the stage from Bra to Barolo to Alba there are also a few longer ascents to cycle. In the cities you cycle on roads with heavier traffic.
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1 Train journey from Chieri – Turin incl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance!
Arrival / Parking /Departure:
- Turin train station
- Turin and Milano Malpensa airport
- Multi-storey car park, costs approx. CHF 19.- per day, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!