Arrival in Olhão
Individual arrival to Faro.
Your first bike trip takes you through the unique lagoon landscape of the Ria Formosa, which was formed in 1755 by an earth- and seaquake. You will arrive in the small trading town Tavira, which was already established in the Phoenician time, with its surrounding salt flats and salt meadows. Later, you cycle back to the hotel.
Along the coast, the path leads to Faro where you have time for the beautiful historic old town by the sea. Flourishing citrus, orange, almond and fig trees accompany you on your bike ride to Estoi. After a coffee break in the magnificent Palacio (today luxury hotel), you cycle back to Olhão.
Past salt meadows with flamingos and extensive golf facilities the stage follows the course of the coast to the beautiful beaches of Quarteira and Vilamura. By train, you will arrive in Poço Barreto and cycle the last kilometres to your hotel.
Round trip to Silves
You leave the coast and, accompanied by the scent of orange and lemon groves, you reach the Moorish Silves. In the early afternoon, you arrive back in your hotel and have time for a swim.
Trip to Albufeira
The "Ecovia do Litoral" takes you through former fishing villages and seaside resorts that alternate with dune landscapes and bizarre rock cliffs. Albufeira’s white old town invites you to stroll. Later, it goes back to the hotel.
Trip to Alvor
In the morning, you cycle to the nice fishing village of Ferragudo. Behind Portimão, the “sardine capital“, you arrive at the spectacular rock beach Praia da Rocha. From Alvor, you cycle back to the hotel.
Departure or extension
The Algarve-bicycle-tour ends after breakfast.
Field ways, secondary roads and new cycle paths (mostly unpaved) will lead you on the cycle route called "Ecovia do Litoral". The terrain is mostly flat but sometimes also slightly hilly at the coastal landscape and in the hinterland. At day 5 one longer increase of approx. 100m in height. Please note that the official cycle path is only partly finished and the communities maintain it very differently.
| Season 1 |
02.04.2022 - 21.05.2022
01.10.2022 - 15.10.2022
| Season 2 |
10.09.2022 - 30.09.2022
|Algarve, 8 days, individual, cat. A, PO-AGRMA-08A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||625.-||625.-|
|Algarve, 8 days, individual, cat. B, PO-AGRMA-08B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||339.-||339.-|
Category A: Real Marina Hotel & Spa 5* and Suites Alba Resorts 5*
Category B: Real Marina Hotel & Spa 5* and Hotel Vale del Rei 4*
- Overnight stays in the chosen category (incl. breakfast)
- Luggage transfers
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Tourist tax
- GPS tracks available
- Service hotline
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Half board evening meal (mostly multi course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Airport Faro
- With Taxi from the airport to the hotel, costs approx. CHF 29.- / taxi (to be organised by your own)
- Ride back from Praia da Albandeira to the airport in Faro approx. CHF 85.- / taxi (to be organised by your own)
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.