Arrival in Martigny
Martigny – Saillon
Luggage drop-off in Martigny and bus ride to Branson to the starting point of the hike. Between Martigny and Saillon, you will find yourself in the land of Gamay and fascinating contrasts: at your feet the fully cultivated Rhone Valley, in the distance the glittering snowfields of Mont Blanc. The town of Fully is the capital of the Petite Arvine.
Saillon – Sion
Steep limestone walls tower imposingly over the debris cones at Chamoson. The vines have gravel underneath them and almost burn in the sun. Vétroz is the cradle of the rare grape variety Amigne. Enchanting vine terraces with ancient irrigation channels surround Sion. Guided tour of Sion with wine tasting
Sion – Sierre
vine terraces are among the steepest in the world. Easy hiking trail to the Coteaux de Sierre, the largest AOC area in Switzerland. Evening raclette tasting in the Château de Ville.
Sierre - Leuk
A quarter of the Valais Pinot Noir production comes from the Leuk, Varen and Salgesch region. The region is a paradise for nature lovers. Everywhere you can discover new and surprising things. Fantastic view from the hilltop church near Varen. Individual departure after arrival in Leuk.
A wonderful hike through the vineyards of the Valais. The paths are well developed and easy to walk on. The sometimes long stages can be shortened without any problems by public transport. Basic fitness is nevertheless necessary. In summer it can get very hot on the plain
Category: Middle class hotels
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Valais connoisseur package
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Travelling by public transport on day 1
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in Martigny. CHF 10.- per day.
- Return journey by train to Martigny. Duration: approx. 30 minutes.
Valais Connoiseur Package
Discover the best sides of the Valais. With the Valais Connoisseur Package you have access to the wine museums in Salgesch and Sierre, take part in a guided tour of Sion and taste local wines and enjoy a Valaisan plate and a raclette.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.