Hotel (example): Hotel Höfli
Altdorf – Isenthal
You start your hike with a walk at the rear end of Lake Lucerne. This trail will take you to the first cable car, the "Vorderen Bärchi".
The ascend to the upper Bärchi offers a breathtaking panorama over Lake Lucerne and is one of the most beautiful in this hike. After a short hike you float down into the Isenthal.
Hotel (example): Hotel Uri Rotstock
From dreamy Isenthal you walk through a steadyway into the Chlital where family Kempf is waiting for you, to transport you up on the Gietisflue with your cable. From here you have a great view of the Reuss plane. Through a nature sanctuary you walk back to Altdorf.
Moderate hikes with an average duration of approximately 4 - 5. 5 hours walking time. For these hikes you should bring a good physical condition.
As you will win altiude quickliy through the cable cars, you are most of the time on an alpine road. Surefootedness is necessary. For the cable car rides in the small, partly open gondolas you have to be free from giddiness.
The Weg der Schweiz at SwitzerlandMobility
The Höhenweg Maderanertal at SwitzerlandMobility
The Höhenweg Schächental at SwitzerlandMobility
Category: 3*** hotels and guesthouses
- 3 nights incl. breakfast according to program
- luggage transfer
- personal briefing with beverageall cable car rides according to programm
- guided tour at the cheese dairy Sittlisalp with cheese tasting
- Transfer Unterschächen - Amsteg
- well prepared route guidance
- elaborated travel documents (1 x per room)
- public bus (approx., CHF 10.- p.p.)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- by car: The hotel in Altdorf has parking spaces where you can park your car for CHF 50.- for the whole week. No reservations accepted.
- by train: Regular connections from Lucerne and Zurich to Altdorf and there 3 minutes by bus to the hotel.
- Departure from Amsteg: by bus to Erstfeld. From here you have regular train connections to Lucerne and Zurich.
- All cable cars are certified transport companies, which are licensed for passenger transport.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.