Baggage drop-off in Porrentruy. After the old town of Porrentruy, which is well worth seeing, over fields to the forested Jura ridge. Then descent into the deep crevasse that the Doubs has carved into the karst rocks. St-Ursanne is a jewel. In the cloister of the monastery, goes the breath of another time.
St. Ursanne – Soubey
The Doubs is a capricious, fascinating body of water. On the left bank between St-Ursanne and La Charbonnière, you almost always walk on nature trails close to the blue-green shimmering river. Numerous dragonflies and birds live on the banks.
Soubey – Saignelégier
After climbing up to the Franches Montagnes plateau, you enter a quiet country with dark forests and scattered farms, surrounded by horses, cows and sheep. In between you will see villages with mustard yellow houses. Saigneléger is the regional centre.
Over lush green meadows, between mighty pine trees to the "energy mountain" with the rotating propellers of the wind power plant, visible from afar, and the solar cell panels: the largest plant for renewable energy in Switzerland!
Steep descent to St-Imier. From the watchmaking town to the granary of the Neuchâtel region. The route takes you through a gorge typical of the limestone of the Jura chain. Descent to Val de Ruz through a shady forest. The plain is overlooked by the Chasseral with its large antenna. From St. Martin by bus to the hotel in Dombresson.
Take the bus back to St. Martin. The Val de Ruz turns out to be an ideal hiking area. The many village water wells and massive church towers are striking. Engollon is home to the only mural paintings in Canton Neuchâtel dating from before the Reformation. Panoramic descent to Neuchâtel. A detour to the Laténium with information on the prehistoric lake dwellings on Lake Neuchâtel (UNESCO World Heritage Site) concludes the tour. Individual departure on arrival.
Easy, not excessively strenuous stages. Some steep ascents and descents are the only challenges on this hiking tour.
Category: Middle class Hotels and Inns
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Entry to the Laténium in Hauterive/Neuchâtel
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Travelling by public transport (St. Martin - Dombresson, return)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in Porrentruy. CHF 4.- / per day.
- Return journey from Neuchâtel via Biel to Porrentruy. Duration: approx. 1.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.