Luggage drop-off in La-Chaux-de-Fonds and by bus and train to Les Brenets. Picturesque and wild gorges open up here. You could almost call them fjords. The rocks cut by nature have the shape of a human face and the head of a legendary monster. The path leads to the Saut du Doubs, a spectacular 27 m high waterfall
It is hard to imagine how much industry (glaziers, sawmills, mills) there was on the Doubs 200 years ago. Today, only a few traces of the intensive industrial activity are still visible, for example in Le Theusseret just before Goumois, the finish of the second stage.
Goumois – Soubey
On the way you often meet fishermen. The Doubs has a unique fish stock, including the real Doubs trout with its black stripes, barbel, grayling, pike and of course the rare apron, also called Roi du Doubs.
Just before St. Ursanne, the Doubs makes a sharp 180-degree turn, as if it didn't know where to go. Perhaps the radical change of direction is the reason why the Romans called the meandering river Doubs. The word comes from the Latin "dubitus", the hesitant, doubting. After arrival in St. Ursanne individual departure.
An easy hike without major differences in altitude. In humid conditions the paths can be a bit slippery, otherwise it is a perfect pleasure hike.
Category: Middle class Hotels and Inns (WC/shower in Soubey on the floor)
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Travelling by public transport on day 1
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in La-Chaux-de-Fonds. CHF 7.- per day. By train and bus via Le Locle to Les Brenets.
- Return journey by train via Glovelier to La-Chaux-de-Fonds. Duration: approx. 1.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.