Individual arrival to Chur
Bonaduz – Versam
Baggage delivery in Chur and by Rhaetian Railway to Bonaduz. The Rheinschlucht (gorge) provides striking evidence of the largest mapped rockslide in the Alps. It is particularly impressive from the Versamer Tobel bridge.
Versam – Ilanz
Valendas is the gateway to the valley Safiental. Take a break at Europe’s biggest wodden well before you start your walk towards Ilanz. This is «the first city» on the Rhine and is going to spoil gourmets as well as lovers of history and culture.
Illanz – Vrin
Take the bus up to Vella to avoid some parts on tarmac roads. The Val Lumnezia (Valley of Light) captivates with picturesque mountain villages, historic cultural treasures and sunny slopes. Vrin has been awarded the coveted Wakker-Price for the preservation of its architectural heritage.
Vrin – Terrihütte SAC
The high plateau of Plaun da Greina is an area of outstanding natural beauty with a symbolic character, an extensive water meadow, laced with small streams. The change of rock and continental microclimate are also of interest..
Terrihütte SAC – Olivone
1400-metre descent through all vegetation levels - from the rock world of Greina to meadows and alps and the forest belt. The last part through Val Camadra to Olivone is long and can be shortened from Campo Blenio with the alpine bus.
Departure or extra nights
The Alpine passes Trail leads through scarcely populated Regions. You should be experienced in longer walking tours. The trails are well maintained and easy to walk. Good stamina is needed for the long last walk to Olivone.
The Alpine passes trail at SwitzerlandMobility
Category: 3*-Hotels & mountain inns, Dormitory on the mountain inn Terri-Hütte
- 6 nights with breakfast
- Luggage transfer (apart from Terri-hut)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailled route instructions (1 x per room)
- Service Hotline
- Trips with public transport (Chur - Bonaduz, Ilanz - Vella & Campo Blenio - Olivone)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Parking at the railway station in Chur. CHF 10.- per day.
- Return travel by bus and train from Olivone via Biasca and Bellinzona to Chur. Length: approx. 4 hours
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.