Arrival to Crans-Montana
Pleasant hike from Montana along the Bisse du Tsittoret, past inviting mountain inns into the valley of the Tièche. Then on a sunny slope over Varneralp to Leukerbad, where weary hikers can relax in the warm thermal spa
Leukerbad – Steg VS
An age-old trail leads to the quaint village of Albinen in a superb location above the Dalaschlucht (gorge); along the way, the ancient hamlets of Brentschen, Engersch and Jeizinen also sit on the sunny slope, linked by peaceful hiking paths
Steg VS – Ausserberg
Panoramic hike on high-level BLS railway Südrampe (south ramp). Popular classic hike beside the Lötschberg Railway tracks to imposing Bietschtal bridge. Lovely path beside historic water channels (suonen) to hanging bridge; superb views at Brägji and Riedgarten.
Ausserberg – Brig
Suonen (irrigation channels) and the BLS railway line accompany this stage. Impressive view of the Baltschieder viaduct. Pipes for irrigating the dry south-facing slopes line the route. Information columns on the BLS Südrampe section and Swiss Guards Museum provide fascinating information
Departure or extension
The paths are well developed and easy to walk on, only the first stage is a little more difficult. However, the Valais Sun Trail is challenging because of the long stages and the many metres of altitude difference that have to be overcome each time. Good basic fitness and a head for heights are required for the suspension bridges and albine ladders on the second day.
The Valaisan Sun Trail by SchweizMobil:
- 5 or 3 overnight stays with breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfers
- Admission to the Alpentherme in Leukerbad (3 hours)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailled route instructions (1x per room)
- GPS data available
- Service Hotline
- The long first stage can be shortened with an optional bus ride from Crans-Montana to Aminona. Approx. CHF 5 with half-fare card
- Tourist tax, if due
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Various parking facilities in Crans-Montana. Costs payable on site.
- Return journey by train and bus via Sierre to Crans-Montana. Duration approx. 1.5 h
Travel documents "analogous":
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital":
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.