Arrival to Bellwald
Bellwald – Reckingen
In the mountain village Bellwald, you start your hike at the Goms mountain trial that takes you along the sunny side of the upper valley of Goms. Characterised by uphill and downhill paths, it ends with a descent to the village of Reckingen.
Reckingen – Oberwald
Many small mountain streams feed the Rhone, which is still called "Rotten" in Goms. The ravines carved by these rivers over the centuries, provide one or the other incline today. Historic mountain villages with wonderful Valais houses greet you from the valley below.
You can cut short this difficult stage if desired using public transport. The Furka mountain trail first takes you up to Gletsch, where the innumerable roads wind up to the Grimsel Pass. Further up on the Furka Pass, you can visit the nearby Rhone glacier and hike to the village of Tiefenbach
Tiefenbach – Andermatt
Pleasant hike on Urschner mountain trail along the rocky south-eastern slopes above Urserental. Views down to Realp and Hospental, the Pass road and historic Furka steam train. Along the way you can see small lakes, alpine flowers, mountain streams and jagged cliffs. Individual departure once you arrive in Andermatt.
Departure or extra nights
The constant ups and downs along the Gommer mountain trail and the tough ascent to the Furkapass require good basic fitness. The paths are well developed and easy to walk on - surefootedness is nevertheless necessary.
Furka and Gommer Mountain Trail on SwissMobile:
| Season 1 |
12.06.2021 - 03.07.2021
18.09.2021 - 11.10.2021
| Season 2 |
04.07.2021 - 17.09.2021
|Gommer und Furka mountain trail, 6 days TO, CH-WSWBA-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||209.-||209.-|
Category: Mid-range hotels
| Season 1 |
Jun 12, 2021 - Jul 3, 2021
Sep 18, 2021 - Oct 11, 2021
| Season 2 |
Jul 4, 2021 - Sep 17, 2021
|Extra night double room (BB)||89.-||89.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||129.-||129.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||140.-||140.-|
- 5 or 3 overnight stays with breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfers
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailled route instructions (1x per room)
- GPS data available
- Service Hotline
- Railway & cable car from Brig to Bellwald not included in the tour price Approx. CHF 30 with half-fare card
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Parking spaces at Brig railway station, approx. CHF 8 / day
- Paid parking spaces in Oberwald. Costs payable on site.
- Return journey by train. Andermatt - Brig: approx. 2 h, Oberwald - Brig: approx. 1.5 h, Andermatt - Oberwald: approx. 30 minutes
Travel documents "analogous":
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital":
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.