Hiking holidays Evian - Chamonix
Hiking: Evian - Chamonix
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Number of participants: min. 2 people
Arrival in Evian
Meeting at the Evian station, or directly to the first accommodation, at the end of the day. Dinner and night in Bernex or Vacheresse.
Option 1: Transfer to the chalets of Bise. This completely new option allows you to discover the north face of Mont Chauffé and its alpine pasture! It starts with the climb to the Pas de la Bosse looking for the chamois in the north face of the Cornettes.
Then by a crossing towards Mont Chauffé you will cross the Col d'Ubine (1'694 m). The atmosphere on the north side of the «Chauffé» is unique! You then rock on its southern slope to reach La Chapelle d'Abondance by the rocks of the Aiguille, nice view of the Chatel valley in a row.
Option 2: Transfer to Bernex. A little longer so a little more difficult this option allows to leave as close as possible to Lake of Geneva. The route starts at the foot of the Dent d'Oche, emblematic summit of the massif with its characteristic silhouette, then crosses two passes.
The lake of Darbon is discovered as a surprise: at the last moment. Then you cross the vast Alp de Bise dominated by the Cornettes de Bise, another top of the massif. A last climb for a 3rd pass and it is the descent on the Chapelle d'Abondance.
You are now in the heart of the Abondance valley, famous for its alpine pastures, its breed of cows «with sunglasses» and its cheese! Its highest point is the Mont de Grange (2'432 m). It is the one you will discover today during a long and beautiful stage.
Climb to the Col des Mattes (1'930 m), then cross the balcony facing the peaks that will mark your itinerary for the next few days, in particular the Pointe de Chesery (2'251 m) and the Dents du Midi (3257 m), before descending on a delightful little chapel, and your accommodation.
Pré La Joux – Gold mines
A transfer with the local shuttle (CHF 5.- to pay on site – every 40 minutes) allows to reach the end of the valley and departure of the climb to the Bassachaux pass (1'777 m), you then flirt with the ski area of Avoriaz and Portes du Soleil, it will be an opportunity to meet some mountain bikers who love large spaces. You’ll reach the pass of Chesery (1'992 m) to cross there, air of nothing, the border in the middle of the alpine pastures.
Then the Green Lake will be the occasion of a break! At Les Portes de l'Hiver the itinerary swings in the Val d'Illiez. During the whole descent to your stage, it is impossible to detach your eyes from the impressive walls of the slender peaks that constitute the Dents du Midi! From the Col de Cou (1'920 m) you’ll dive into the Manche Valley and these famous Gold Mines!
Gold mines – Samoëns
Many stories of contraband made the legend of this passage, but it is also a place chosen by ornithologists to study bird migration. There are also stories about the Cursed Lands, a cliff 600 m high, that you’ll discover when leaving, before climbing to the Golese pass (1'660 m). A crossing allows you to reach the refuge of Bostan, then descent to Samoëns through the valley of Allamands.
Transfer of 10 minutes to reach Sixt. The climb to the Col d'Anterne (2'257 m) is long and varied: climb in the forest in the middle of the waterfalls, then pass at the foot of the impressive cliffs of the Pointe de Salles (2'500 m), and cross the mountain of Anterne, Large limestone plateau where you discover a lake of altitude. From the panorama pass on the stunning Massif du Mont-Blanc, then shortly descends to reach the refuge. Luggage are not available.
The descent to the bridge of Arlevé is unforgettable, you’ll enter one of the last zones of original vegetation of the Haute Savoie! After crossing the gorges of Diosaz, up to the Brévent pass, veritable balcony facing the Mont-Blanc! You can reach the summit of the Brévent (2'525 m) and go down by cable car + gondola to the Chamonix, or from the pass go down to Planpraz and take the gondola to Chamonix.
For used walkers to experts. Mountain itinerary with average altitude differences of 800 m. An experience of the essential itinerant hiking is required.
| Season 1 |
17.06.2023 - 10.09.2023
Täglich, ausser Sonntag und Montag
|Evian - Chamonix 7 days, FR-AUWEC-08A|
|Base price|| |
Category: overnight stays in stage cottages and shelters, in dormitories
| Season 1 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 10, 2023
Täglich, ausser Sonntag und Montag
|Extra night double room (HB)||109.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||164.-|
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers (except for day 6)
- Transfers according to the program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1x per room) (only in English/French)
- Service hotline
- One sleeping bag per person must be taken on the trip!
- For safety reasons, the trip is only bookable from 2 people.
- Single rooms are not possible on this trip
- The ride with the shuttle on day 4 approx. CHF 5.-, payable directly on site. In June and September the shuttle does not run, so you have to walk an additional 100 meters in altitude and 2 km distance. In July and August there is the possibility to take a chair lift after the shuttle, which shortens the stage by 350 meters of altitude and 1 km distance, payable directly on site.
Cable car ride on day 7 approx. CHF 25.- from the summit/ approx. CHF 15.- from Planpraz, payable directly on site
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by train to Evian possible. From Evian train station there is a transfer to the starting hotel, advance booking necessary.
- Arrival by car. The car can be parked at the first accommodation. From Cahmonix there is a transfer back, CHF 265.- up to 4 persons, pre-booking necessary, payable in advance.
- Paid parking at Bellegarde train station. Continue by train to Evian.
- Return by train from Chamonix, timetable on the following link: www.voyages-sncf.com