Arrival in Haarlem
Arrive in Haarlem. Right from the start of your tour you will dive into the many faces of Holland. Here you can wonderfully walk along the, for Holland, famous canals and admire the neat mansions. It is worth making sure that you see the inspirational De Adriaan windmills. The centre of the tulip bulb region is a wonderful warm-up to get you in the mood for you upcoming cycle tour.
Cycle tour to Zandvoort
Today you set off on easy and always flat cycle path along the wonderful Dutch coastline. You can expect lovely sand dunes and lots of beaches. There is plenty of time for swimming and playing: you can keep taking breaks on the beaches. After the amusing cycle tour, you will stay overnight in Haarlem again.
Haarlem – Heemskerk
You will cycle past IJmuiden and its locks, the water entrance to Amsterdam. You will then continue cycling towards Heemskerk. Take a rest and observe the many cargo ships, cruise ships and yachts, which keep coming through here. Your destination for today is Schloss Assumburg dating back to the 13th century. You will feel like a young night or princess.
Fancy some fun in the sea? Then let’s head to the coast again. The sea is just around the corner and that means with this slightly shorter stage you can spend most of the day on the beach. The, at times, rather forested, dunes are inviting to go for a walk through and the sea invites you to start dreaming. You will then cycle back through Bakkum on the way to your castle.
Heemskerk - Amsterdam
The Zaanstreek region in full splendour: picturesque windmills surrounded by green fields and fine little colourful houses – all of that is awaiting you today on your diverse cycle stage to Amsterdam. You will cycle along the canals through the quiet and relaxing area “Het Twiske” with its beaches, large play area and wonderful nature. Enjoy the sun whilst having a picnic in the meadow.
An exploratory tour through the Dutch capital city! Amsterdam is very diverse with its architecture, culture and lovely parks. The many museums are on extremely interesting topics for every age. The canals are best off visited by boat and you can get everywhere easily by bike in no time at all. Enjoy the tasty treats in some of the many cafes, bars and restaurants. Would you prefer to cycle? Then we recommend a shorter tour to Ijsselmeer and to the fortification island “Pampus”.
Amsterdam – Haarlem
You cycle the first kilometres on cycle paths through Amsterdam. As soon as you have left the town and the crowds of people, you can expect quietness again: you are back in the Dutch countryside. Out and about, you can admire the wetland area of Spaarndam and its many species of animals as well as the magnificent nature. In Woerdersluis, there is a stature of Hansje Brinker to admire, the hero of a wonderful book. You will then finally return back to Haarlem.
Departure or extension
The route runs along easy, flat cycle past lots of beaches and meadows.
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2020 - Sep 23, 2020
|Cycling holidays for families in Holland, 8 days, NL-AMAHH-08X|
|Base price|| |
Category: lovely „Stay okay Hostels“
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance and bicycle accident service
- Towels are not included in the basis price and can be borrowed in the Hostels (approx. CHF 2.- per day)
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Fly to Amsterdam and then take the train in about 45 minutes to the hotel.
- Take train to Amsterdam’s main station. From there it about 25 minutes further to Haarlem, Santpoort Zuid and then a few minutes’ walk to your hotel.
- Parking: free car parking spaces, no reservation is necessary.
- Minimum age 2 years old.
- Requirements: basic level of fitness and cycle skills. The route is well-suited for families.
- The route runs along easy, flat cycle past lots of beaches and meadows.
- You will stay in very simple, very nice Stay okay-hostels for families in shared rooms. The beds must be covered yourself.
- This tour is well-suited for large families up to 6 people.