Arrival in Amsterdam
Individual arrival to Amsterdam! How about a boat tour through the canals?
Amsterdam – Zaandam
You start with a ride through Amsterdam, along old and modern buildings. You leave the city over the IJ-waterside, shortly afterwards you cycle through rural landscape with picturesque villages, which are located on the former Zuiderzee. The tour leads on to the western part of the Netherlands, to the peat area Zaanstreek with its traditional wooden houses and a lot of mills and on to Zaandam.
Your tour leads to Haarlem. The historic inner city is surrounded by canals, furthermore it is coined through many old roads and buildings from 16th to 19th century. Afterwards you cycle through extended dunes to the bathing resort Noordwijk.
Today you cycle via Leiden and Den Haag to Delft. Leiden is the oldest University City of the Netherlands and had its high period (exactly as Amsterdam) in the 17th century. Den Haag is the residence of the royal family and seat of the Dutch government. Delft is the city of Willem van Oranje (16th century), the “father of the fatherland”. With his fight against the Spanish empire he created the basis for the republic of the united Netherlands.
Delft – Rotterdam
Today you cycle from Delft to harbour city Rotterdam. After the damage through bombing raids in Second World War many houses had to be built new. Rotterdam therefore is, compared to other cities along the bike tour, a modern city with skyscrapers. If you like you can make a detour to Kinderdijk. There is no other place in the world with so many mills at one place!
Rotterdam – Nieuwkoop
From Rotterdam you cycle to Gouda, the city which got its name from the popular Gouda-cheese. You will find a historic centre with canals here too and of course a cheese market. Afterwards you cycle to Nieuwkoop which is located at the Nieuwkoopse Plassen, which occurred due to the dig off of peat soil.
Nieuwkoop – Amsterdam
On your last cycle day river Amstel is leading you along architectural interesting buildings back to Amsterdam.
Departure or extension
Flat and mostly asphalted bike paths, ideal for families and beginners.
| Season 1 |
01.03.2022 - 31.03.2022
01.07.2022 - 31.08.2022
| Season 2 |
01.04.2022 - 30.06.2022
01.09.2022 - 31.10.2022
|Highlights of the Netherlands, 8 days, NL-HNRAA-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||489.-||489.-|
|Half board (5x)||249.-||249.-|
Category: 3* and 4* hotels
| Season 1 |
Mar 1, 2022 - Mar 31, 2022
Jul 1, 2022 - Aug 31, 2022
| Season 2 |
Apr 1, 2022 - Jun 30, 2022
Sep 1, 2022 - Oct 31, 2022
|Extra night double room (BB)||129.-||179.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||244.-||294.-|
- 7 overnight stays as chosen with breakfest
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher), in Amsterdam only BB
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Amsterdam train station
- Airport Amsterdam Schiphol
- Car park at the hotel or close to the hotel costs approx. CHF 85.- per week
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.