Arrival to Amsterdam
Individual arrival to Amsterdam! How about a boat tour through the canals?
The bike tour starts with a ride through Amsterdam along old and modern monuments. You leave the city via the IJ shore and cycle shortly afterwards through a rural area with pretty villages, siturated on the former Zuiderzee.
Today's stage takes you first in the direction of Zaandam In the quiet streets of the old fishing village of Volendam you can imagine yourself transported back in time by 100 years.
Your tour leads to Haarlem. The historic inner city is surrounded by canals, furthermore it is coined through many old roads and buildings from 16th to 19th century. Afterwards you cycle through extended dunes to the bathing resort Noordwijk.
Today the route takes you back to Amterdam through the area of the Bollenstreek, where many tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are in full bloom in spring.
Flat and mostly asphalted bike paths, ideal for families and beginners.
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher), in Amsterdam only BB
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Amsterdam train station
- Airport Amsterdam Schiphol
- Car park at the hotel or close to the hotel costs approx. CHF 85.- per week, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!