Arrival in Leukerbad
Enjoy the view of the Valais mountains when bathing in the thermal bath at Alpentherme.
Leukerbad – Unterbäch
In the morning, you will take the cable car up to Rinderhütte, where the Torrent Trail Bike, one of the most beautiful singletrails in Switzerland, awaits you. Make a turn at Erschmatt and descend into the Rhône Valley.
From Raron, the cable car takes you up to the next stage destination, i.e., Unterbäch. If you want to enjoy theValais mountain sun a bit longer, you can add a few more laps to the Flowtrail Leukerbad at the top of the first gondola in Rinderhütte before heading towards Untere Feselalp on a balcony trail.
Unterbäch – Grächen
A chairlift takes you up to Brandalp. From here you have to cycle uphill to reach Moosalp. After enjoying the beautiful view, it will be time to take a deep breath because the descent on the Kalpetran Enduro Trail has a lot to offer: you will conquer almost 1,100 metres drop in no time on the beautiful trails.
Once you reach the valley floor, follow the Matterhorn Valley Trail to St. Niklaus and cycle up to the stage destination Grächen.
Follow the tracks of the 2019 UCI Mountain Bike Marathon Championships down to Kalpetran and on the valley floor to Stalden.
The cable car takes you up to Gspon, from where a beautiful trail takes you through Sädolwald to the Gibidum Pass. A comfortable trail leads you from the pass down to the wild Nanztal Valley.
You can take a short break at Nidristi Alp before the final trail takes you to the final destination, i.e., Brig. Individual departure from Brig.
Large part of the altitude is covered by cable car. The descents are long at times – basic fitness is necessary. Averagely trained bikers can also cope well with the trails. The Valais Bike is under development and signposts have not been put up everywhere yet. You will need to navigate as you go using the SwitzerlandMobility app.
Category: Mid-range hotels (mostly certified bike hotels)
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Entry at thermal baths Alpentherme in Leukerbad (3 hours)
- Cable car rides as per the programme
- Perfectly planned route navigation
- Comprehensive travel documentation (1 set per room)
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Visitor’s tax, if payable, is not included in the tour price
- Cost for luggage handover in Brig. Approx. CHF 12.00 per person
- There is a parking lot at the Brig station. CHF 8.00 per day.
- Return journey to Leukerbad by train and bus via Leuk. Duration: approx. 1 hour
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.