Individual arrival in Rorschach/Romanshorn
Rorschach - Trogen
Lake Constance dominates the first stage of the Panorama Bike route: its imposing size becomes clear on the ascent to the Rorschacherberg. Then the view changes and the expanse of the Lake Constance region contrasts with the narrow valleys and pretty villages. The route ends amid the picture-perfect Appenzell region.
Trogen – Appenzell
The Appenzellerland is one of the most unspoilt areas in Switzerland and its charm is difficult to match. This stage is characterized by a lovely hilly landscape, painted houses and picturesque townscapes. Along the way, the mighty Säntis massif draws ever closer, forming an impressive backdrop.
Appenzell – Stein SG
The route becomes more alpine and at the foot of the Säntis leads along alp and gravel paths to the first two «real» passes on the Panorama Bike – Schwägalp Pass and Risipass – and then down into Toggenburg.
Stein SG – Ziegelbrücke
A small steep asphalt road leads out of Toggenburg to Vorder Höhi, with wonderful views of the rugged Glarner Alps. The racy descent leads to the shores of the glistening, deep-blue Walensee.
Landscapewise a pleasure, biketechnically rather simple. The panorama bike in eastern Switzerland convinces with leisurely stages and makes low demands on stamina and technique. A bike tour through the hills of Appenzell and Toggenburg for connoisseurs
- 5 Overnight stays with breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Optimally worked out route guidance
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking lot at Rorschach or Romanshorn train stations. CHF 5 – 8.- per day. Payable at destination.
- Return Journey by train via Sargans to Rorschach or Romanshorn, duration approx. 1.5 h.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.