Arrival to La Chaux-de-Fonds
After a steep ascent, the route runs down to Saut du Doubs, where the river plunges spectacularly into the depths. From the lonely Lac des Brenets the stretch leads to Le Locle and ends in the Val de Travers of absinth fame.
Couvet - Ste-Croix
After a long ascent to Le Soliat, it’s worth making a detour to Creux du Van, a unique, imposing cliff arena. The route continues over the «Balcon Vaudois» (Vaud terrace) with stunning views of Lac de Neuchâtel and the Vaud Alps.
Ste-Croix - Lac de Joux
Below the rocky Auguilles de Baumles, the route crosses a lonely region with many bunkers from World War II. The last ascent leads into the Vallée de Joux, a true gem with a wealth of flora and two lakes!
A good stamina and technical skills are necessary. The Jura Bike is a good bike tour for beginners.
- 3 overnights stays with breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Guide book
- Entrance to the watch museum in La Chaux de Fonds
- Detailed tour documentation
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Parking in La Chaux-de-Fonds: Approx CHF 5.- per day.
- Return travel by train from Le Pont via Vallorbe, Yverdon and Neuchâtel to La Chaux-de-Fonds. Duration: approx. 2 hours.