Arrival in Strasbourg
Arrival in Strasbourg, hotel Check-In and an opportunity for free sightseeing.
An easy and flat stage! You leave Strasbourg, site of numerous European institutions, through deep forests and along the Rhine riverbank.
A somewhat long but very flat stage. Without difficulty, you ride through the villages of the Rhine to the art city of Freiburg.
Freiburg – Colmar
You have the opportunity for a long and thorough visit to Colmar, the Alsatian city of art.
Colmar – Area Riquewihr
The villages of Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr are among the most beautiful and most famous villages of the Wine Route. A slightly hilly stage through the vines.
Many beautiful wine-growing villages and vineyards await you today.
In Rosheim, Alsatian Romanesque reaches a high point. In Molsheim, you leave the vineyards behind and follow the beautiful cycle path alongside the Canal de la Bruche to Strasbourg.
Departure or extension
Total distance: about 298 km
You will ride mainly on cycle paths, on minor agricultural tarred roads or onlittle secondary roads without much traffic. Days 5 and 6 are a little bit hilly.
- Accommodation in 3* and 4* hotels
- Personal tour information (FR, DE, EN) except Sundays and public holidays
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Well-prepared route guidance
- For bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (FR, DE, EN with route or overview maps, route description, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher), last night in Strasbourg BB
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Train arrival is possible at the station of Strasbourg.
- Arrival in Strasbourg airport, shuttle to the station, taxi to the hotels
- Other airports nearby: Basel/Mulhouseabout 120 km, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden about 60 km.
- Indoor watched parkings nearby hotels, Parking Wodli approx. CHF 75.-/week
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.